The NEW BEACON BIBLE COMMENTARY provides 21st-century scholars, pastors, theological students, and laity an academicallycompetent, readable commentary in the Wesleyan theological tradition.
Each volume features:
- CONTEMPORARY SCHOLARSHIP from notable experts in the Wesleyan theological tradition
- CONVENIENT INTRODUCTORY MATERIAL for each book of the Bible, which includes information on authorship, date,history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermeneutical issues, and more
- CLEAR VERSE-BY-VERSE EXPLANATIONS, which offer a contemp orary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived fromthe original language.
- COMPREHENSIVE ANNOTATION divided into three sections, which cover background elements behind the text; verseby-verse details and meanings found in the text; significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application from the text; and more.
- HELPFUL SIDEBARS, which provide deeper insight into theological issues, word meanings, archeological connections,historical relevance, cultural customs, and more.
- EXPANDED BIBLIOGRAPHY for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themes.
Customer Questions & Answers: