Hailed by J.I. Packer as "something of a landmark," Intimate Allies
honestly and sensitively probes the state of marriage today. Combining their distinct expertise in biblical studies and counseling, Allender and Longman address five questions in the marriage relationship:
- Who are we as husbands and wives?
- What are our roles as husbands and wives?
- How will we work together as husbands and wives?
- How do we experience the deepest, most profound intimacy of body and soul?
- How do we, two sinners, learn to live with each other?
Each question is thoroughly explored by:
- presenting a slice-of-life story of a couple struggling with the issue
- exploring what the Creation story says about God's design of marriage
- examining other biblical passages and integrating the biblical principles into your marriage through discussion questions
- returning to the slice-of-life story and showing how the couple begins to move towards marriage wholeness as they understand and apply the biblical principles
Customer Questions & Answers: