Continuing a Gold Medallion
award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition of the Expositor's Bible Commentary
series puts world-class scholarship in your hands. Based on the original 12-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors' studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources.
Of the 56 contributors, thirty of them are new to the series. Reflecting the commentary's international and cross-denominational approach, they come from the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand, and from a broad diversity of churches, including Anglican, Baptist, Brethren, Methodist, Nazarene, Presbyterian, and Reformed.
The Expositor's Bible Commentary
uses the complete NIV for its English text, but it also refers freely to other translations and to the original languages. Features of the Revised Edition
- Comprehensive Introductions
- Short and Precise Bibliographies
- Deatiled Outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of of sections of Scripture to illumine the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes.
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
Customer Questions & Answers: