Reformation Sunday is October 26, 2008. It commemorates the day that Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses to the door of the church in Wittenberg. A good opportunity to know more about reform, revival, and the importance of the Bible.
This concise PowerPoint presentation has more than 150 slides showing a time line of key people and events. Gain deeper insights into the rise of Protestantism, and the influence of people such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, William Tyndale, and King James. Learn why they wanted to reform the church of their day. See 400 years of church history alongside the colorful politics of King Henry VIII, Queen Elizabeth, and others.
- Explains more than 125 key events and people—From AD1200-1700
- Who were Luther, Calvin, Tyndale, and Wycliffe?
- What were the “Ninety-five Theses”?
- Defines terms such as indulgences, lay investiture, papal bull
- More than 150 fascinating facts
- Full-color map of Europe
- Main Protestant doctrines
- Rise of Christian denominations: Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Anabaptists, and more
- Family tree of Denominations
- Illustrations of more than 30 events and people.
- History of Bible translation into the English language
Minimum hardware requirement:
Pentium III or Power PC G3, CD-Rom Drive, 256-color monitor.
Compatible operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 98, 98 SE, NT 4.0, ME, XP (all versions), Vista (all versions), Mac OS 8.5 and higher, Mac OS 9.X, Mac OS 10.X.
Windows: Microsoft PowerPoint® 2001 or higher, or PowerPoint Viewer®
Mac OS 8.5 - 9.X: Microsoft PowerPoint® 2001 for Macintosh
Mac OS 10.X: Microsoft PowerPoint® 2004 for Macintosh
Customer Questions & Answers: