The new Then and Now: Bible Map Atlas
includes features that will satisfy the needs of students, pastors, or people interested in understanding the Scriptures better. The book includes:
- Bible maps with clear plastic overlays of modern-day cities and countries and show you where Bi9ble places are located today
- More than 120 full-color accurate and updated topographical maps
- Many maps include notes and arrows to show details and routes of people and events
- Fascinating insights explain how geography and politics affected the lives of Bible people like Abraham. Moses, Joshua, David, Esther, and many more.
Along the way you will come to understand Bible places and the people who lived there!
The exciting vents in the Bible took place thousands of years ago--in a culture very different from today's modern world. Author Dr. Paul Wright has lived in Jerusalem for many years and teaches about the culture, politics, and geography of the Bible. With a wonderful gift for storytelling, Paul opens up the world of the Bible in ways that will help you understand the stories of beloved Bible characters.
- See how David's clever understanding of geography and politics led to his marriage with Ahinoam of Jezreel
- Discover why Naomi, in the book of Ruth, couldn't just move back to Bethlehem after her husband's death and farm his land again.
- Find out why Moses and the children of Israel took the long route from Egypt to the Promised Land, rather than the direct route
Customer Questions & Answers: