While many would argue that spirituality is a necessary component of authentic human living, there is a lot of confusion over what spirituality is. According to Powell, Christian spirituality has five aspects.
1. Christian living is inescapably corporate. It is inseparable from the Christian community.
2. It is inescapably corporeal--it cannot be separated from specific and embodied practices.
3. It is participation in the Trinitarian life of God. Thus Christian living reflects both upon us and God.
4. It has an eschatological existence. And
5. It is marked by our essential finitude under the conditions of sin.
Customer Questions & Answers: