The creator of Narnia and other imaginary worlds spent his life pointing people to Reality. You will be enlightened and encouraged as you learn more about the life and work of C.S. Lewis in this issue of Christian History & Biography!
Inside this issue you'll find:
- Knights & Martyrs - The medieval tradition of chivalry g ave Lewis a unique perspective on the proper Christian response to war.
- The Postman's Knock - Lewis scaled a mountain of mail with wisdom, wit, and courtesy.
- Also: Meeting children as equals
- The Way of Friendship - What an Oxford don learned in the "school of virtue."
- Mind in Motion - He tasted many philosophies, but he was always stuck on reality.
- Hearts in Training - Lewis employed his imaginative gifts to dispel his readers' illusions and educate their feelings.
- Making Doctrine Dance - Why Lewis defied convention and opposition in order to bring Christian truth into the public arena.
- Literary Time Travel - As a scholar and a teacher, Lewis sought to see the present through the eyes of the past
- The Great Iconoclast - Lewis had always believed that God shatters our images. But the death of his wife put his faith to the ultimate test.
- The Jack I Knew - A conversation with Douglas Gresham
Issue 88 * Fall 2005
Customer Questions & Answers: