In the summer of 1986, 21-year-old Susan Conroy left her family and friends and headed off to Calcutta, India - alone - to assist the Missionaries of Charity.
Her goals for this journey were ambitious:
- "Work alongside Mother Teresa, actively trying to learn her ways of selfless love, devotion, and service"
- "Grow stronger in my faith"
- "Grow in appreciation for what I have been given"
- "Grow in concern for human life"
- "Carry through life all that I will learn, and share this with others."
Now, in a one-of-a-kind, first-person account with never-before-published photographs, Susan Conroy takes you there. "This is a story about how 'all things are possible with God,'" she writes. "It is a treasury of the lessons of love that I learned from Mother Teresa and her beloved poorest of the poor."
Customer Questions & Answers: