This variety of engaging activities will hold your students' interest while providing the repetition of vital information they need for developing a real grasp of world geography.
The book includes eight units arranged by continent or region. Use the self-contained student pages to introduce one region at a time, or choose pages from several units to teach a specific topic such as latitude and longtitude.
Each unit has a pretest that students can go through on their own before consulting a map or atlas to check their answers.
Each unit also includes:
- a self-checking crossword puzzle that reviews political features
- a self-checking hidden-phrase puzzles that reviews physical features
- a study page that gives students practice in using scales of distance and direction to locate given features
- a study page in which students use latitude and longtitude to locate given features
- a final review in which students find 20 geographic features on a map and then write clues for locating them
In addition, you get an overall world review as well as a generous selection of quiz questions for each region. Teaching suggestions and answer keys are included. Grades 6-8.
Customer Questions & Answers: