A thematically organized vocabulary program based on Greek and Latin roots. Each of the 16 lessons features 2-3 roots and 8-15 words derived from these roots. Words are presented with dictionary-style definitions, and all words are used in example sentences. Lists of "Familiar Words" and "Challenge Words" are provided for each root to help all students activate prior knowledge and keep advanced students on task.
This Guide covers Book D. The guide complements, extends, and enriches the series as it:
- provides scaffolding for individual learning needs
- helps students access prior knowledge and make connections to new learning.
- offers a variety of activities that can be adapted for whole-class, small group, or independent learning situations.
- presents teachers with a practical and effective method for teaching vocabulary through classical roots, even when that background is not part of the teacher's own experience
- Lesson-by-lesson support for group instruction and discussion
- Strategies for making connections between roots, familiar words, and key words
- Blackline masters to reinforce key words from each lesson
- Additional review activities
- Vocabulary games and word-learning strategies
- Glossary of literary and historical references
- Answer key
Grade 10. Softcover, 138 pages.
Customer Questions & Answers: