The Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture does what very few of today's students of the Bible could do for themselves. With the aid of computer technology, the vast array of writings from the church fathers-including many that are available only in the ancient languages-have been combed for their comment on Scripture.
From these results, scholars with a deep knowledge of the Fathers and a heart for the church have hand selected material for each volume, shaping, annotating and introducing it to today's readers. Each portion of commentary has been chosen for its salient insight, its rhetorical power and its faithful representation of the consensual exegesis of the early church. Included on this CD-ROM from series editor Tom C. Oden is the full text of all twenty nine commentaries from the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture.
Arranged canonically, each volume allows the living voices of the church in its formative centuries to speak as they engage the sacred page of Scripture. Now even more accessible in digital format, this series will prove an uncommon companion for theological interpretation, spiritual reading, and wholesome teaching and preaching.
Inside you'll find:
- All twenty-nine volumes of the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture Commentary by the Church fathers on all sixty-six books of the Bible and the Apocrypha
- Introductions by world-renowned patristics scholars
- A money-saving package The new revolutionary Libronix Digital Library System
- A free KJV Bible Unlockable versions of the Bible, including NASB, NRSV, NLT, RSV and The Message
- A complete user's manual on the CD-ROM
- Windows 98 and beyond
- Pentium II 350MHz (Pentium III 700MHz recommended)
- 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
- CD-ROM drive, 800 x 600 display (1024 x 768 recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Customer Questions & Answers: