A bestseller for almost 50 years, this time-honored classic is now more valuable than ever. Its 6, 700-plus entries, reflecting the most current scholarship and over 1,200,000 words, are supplemented with detailed essays, colorful photography and maps, and dozens of charts and illustrations to enhance your understanding of God's Word. Based on the New American Standard Version.
- cross-referenced to all major Bible translations
- major articles treat individual Bible books and authors
- 16-page map insert
- more than 100 new illustrations and 48 maps
- modernized pronunciation guides
- new photography with 380 full-color photographs
- full-color 16 page map insert
- updated bibliographies
The late Merrill F. Unger (A.B., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University; Th.M, Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary) pastored several churches before joining the faculty of Dallas Theological Seminary in 1948. There he served as professor of Old Testament studies until his retirement in 1967. He was the author of many books including such monumental reference works as Unger's Bible Dictionary
and the two-volume Unger's Commentary on the Old Testament.
Dr. Unger died in 1981.
Customer Questions & Answers: