The "Greatest Story Ever Told" is more than just a cliché. God goes to great lengths to rescue lost and hurting people.
That is what The Story is all about—the story of the Bible, God’s great love affair with humanity.
Condensed into 31 accessible chapters, The Story sweeps you into the unfolding progression of Bible characters and events from Genesis to Revelation. Using the clear, accessible text of the NIV Bible, it allows the stories, poems, and teachings of the Bible to read like a novel.
And like any good story, The Story is filled with intrigue, drama, conflict, romance, and redemption—and this story’s true! From the foreword by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee:
"This book tells the grandest, most compelling story of all time: the story of a true God who loves his children, who established for them a way of salvation and provided a route to eternity. Each story in these 31 chapters reveals the God of grace—the God who speaks; the God who acts; the God who listens; the God whose love for his people culminated in his sacrifice of Jesus, his only Son, to atone for the sins of humanity."
- The story of the Bible—in its own words. Bible selections from the NIV, 2011 update, with short transitions connecting you to the continuing story.
- Events, characters, and teachings of the Bible arranged chronologically
- Time lines of Bible events
- Discussion questions for personal or group reflection
- List of principle characters with short biographical sketches
- Chart of References to biblical events
- Two-color maps of the Old Testament world and the New Testament world
- 10-point text size
- 8.75" x 5.75" x 1.50"
- 16 books per case
Church families around the globe can now embrace The Story for a full ministry year through worship, small group studies, and family activities.
Customer Questions & Answers: